Tuesday 31 January 2012

Pureed Pear for Dylan

Today I am making some pureed pear for Dylan. I usually give him a fruit & veggie combo mixed with full cream yogurt for lunch. It is quick and easy for me. I make a whole batch and freeze it in ice trays.

I will show you how to make pureed pears. It is quick, easy and cheap (much cheaper and healthier than your store bought puree!)

You will need:
1x bag of pears
a pot
water

                                                                    Peel your pears


Cut them in quarters and cut out the middle part



Put in pot and pour in 500ml of water


Simmer on stove half way covered until pears are soft


Drain the water and puree with a hand blender or simply mash with a fork for a chunkier texture. Dylan is 9 months old so I just mash mine. Let it cool completely in fridge before freezing in ice trays.

Always remember to wash your hands before and whilst cooking. Only freeze once it is cold. Frozen food is best eaten before three months. Defrost in fridge over night to prevent bacterial growth.

I am not a nutritionist or doctor. I am a chef turned mommy. If you are worried about your babies eating habits or health rather speak to your health care professional.

Happy cooking for your babes y'all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment