Tuesday 31 January 2012

My favourite Caesar Salad Dressing



When we lived in Colorado we ate a lot of caesar salads. I never really ate them when we lived in South Africa. I LOVE caesar salad now. I wake up at night and crave it... Thats bad right??!!

I make my caesar with ice berg lettuce as it is cheaper than cos lettuce. I like to add chicken, bacon pieces, cherry tomato's, avo, croutons, parmesan and LOTS of dressing. YuM!

Here is my caesar dressing recipe:

1tbl Dijon Mustard
1tbl White Wine Vinegar
2tbl Mayo (i love a tangy mayo)
1/2cup Canola Oil
Garlic (as many as you want, i like a lot of garlic)
Anchovies (as many as you like, as usual.. i love em so I use plenty)
Lemon Juice to flavour
Salt & Pepper

Okay so in your little hand blender, blend your Mustard, Vinegar, Mayo, Garlic, Anchovies, Lemon Juice (start with a little squirt).

Keep on blending and slowly add your oil. It will become a thick paste. Taste. Add Salt & Pepper to flavour. Taste. Add more Lemon Juice if wanted. If you want to thin your dressing out a bit add some water and blend until you have the consistency you want.

It will keep in the fridge for at least a week if not longer.

Yum!

Happy eating y'all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment